2011-06-17

Turning, spinning, bumping...

My daughter is getting more and more skillful in turning, standing, sitting etc... Sometimes I find her with her legs on the pillow and her head in the middle of the crib as she loves to spin around now. High time to make a crib bumper!

I did not use any particular pattern for the bumper as I thought it should not be that difficult to make anyway. I took the measurements of the crib and through much trial and error managed to sew this Japanese style bumper.


Inside it has a pocket for books, toys or pacifiers.


Now my kid can bump around as much as she wants!

: pattern: my own

: fabrics: cotton fabric with Japanese dolls for the inside and lilac cotton fabric with circles for the outside (from Stoff & Stil). Also foam rubber for the interior panels and a velvet ribbon for the ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment