2011-03-30

pimped my bugaboo

Inspired by Mamma på vift and encouraged by my husband, I decided to create a custom canopy for my Bugaboo Cameleon. I got the pattern by attaching an old sheet to the original canopy and drawing a line along the seams. Then I transferred the pattern (from the sheet) to the new fabrics and started sewing. After 3 days working (but on and off as my daughter required much attention), my prototype custom-made buggy hood was ready.

Not bad for a beginner, who has never really used a sewing machine before ;)

: pattern: my own, redrawn from the original canopy. I wasn't fully satisfied with this pattern as I forgot to pin the textile to the hood and the fabrics got a bit out of place (a rookie mistake).

: fabrics: Saralisa from IKEA for the outer fabric and a plain green fabric for a lining.

6 comments:

  1. Great job! I am thinking of trying this soon. About how much fabric do you need? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd need a bit less than 1 meter fabric for the outer part and 1 meter fabric for the lining. I like to use a bit thicker textile for the lining (preferably some wind- and waterproof fabric such as beaver nylon). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice custom cover your bugaboo, I am a new mother and I want to make a nice cover for my first child, you could send me my mail patterns karolinarias@hotmail.com? I do not know sewing, but want to try, sorry for my English but I use a translator because I do not know much Spanish and English

    Greetings
    Karol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a pattern available? I would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Noelle: Please check my post
    with the description how to sew the canopy.
    The best way to get the pattern is to pin some old fabric to your original bugaboo hood and draw lines along the seams...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could this design be used to make a cover for a mamas and papas sola 2 hood

    ReplyDelete